Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Japan 2019 - Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto

Finally.


I mean finally, I was able to realize one of my dreams, and that is to visit the land of the rising sun  - Japan. You see, in my previous blog posted last 2017, (Dreaming of Japan 2017) I wrote about my fantasy visiting Japan. Unfortunately, I missed the chance back then. So now, it is with so much excitement that I want to share with you my 2019 Japan travel experience featuring not only one - but three cities in Japan : Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto!

Tokyo


I honestly fell in love with Tokyo. It is very neat, private, busy yet quiet, lively, and everything just seems so organized in here. I do not wonder why.
Time. As we all know, for Japanese people, time means respect, and it's plain to expect that all transport would arrive in their scheduled time.

Safe and secured. It was very safe to walk around Tokyo even at night. The people are so accommodating and polite. They help us find our hotel patiently, some even lead us the way to the streets when we do not know which way to go. ♥ I love Nippon people, Arigatou..πŸ’—
Alright, let's now move on to the itinerary and the tourist spots in Tokyo:


Tokyo DisneySea

We have the option to choose from Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, but since we already have seen what Disneyland looks like in Hongkong, this time we chose to see what a DisneySea looks like. I heard that the Tokyo DisneySea is more of the adult version of DisneyLand, so yeah, let's go adults! 😁

  

My eyes are full.😍😍😍😍With this scenic views, rest assured that your pictures taken at Tokyo DisneySea will be IG worthy.

You might also want to experience some extreme rides but expect to fall in a long queuing line as usual.

Kimono Rental in Asakusa


Yay!! I'm so loving the look in this Japanese Traditional dress. Felt like I become a real Japanese for one moment. πŸ˜„ For anime fan like me, we've been seeing characters in manga wearing kimono and we couldn't help but to dream trying them on, too. But honestly, I never thought that kimono has several layers inside and putting on this dress would really need somebody else's hand. It was intricate and is full of art! We tried this in Asakusa since there are some temples here that are perfect for photo ops while wearing the kimono. 

Hachiko and The Busy Streets of Shibuya 
Shibuya crossing is one of the busiest streets in the world. Can you imagine how many people are crossing the street? Too many! And that's everytime, as in everytime the light turns green.
Oh yeah, there's Hachiko beside me.

Other Tourist Attractions

Of course, the Mt. Fuji must always be in your list. According to the tour-guide, the best time to visit the Mt. Fuji is around March when the snow is melting so you can have the perfect view of the Mt. Fuji with snow on its cone. You can imagine it right now, huh? Other places to visits are, Harajuku where you can have your anime finds; Nature Parks GB  such as Yoyogi Park, Shinjuku Gyoen National Park, Senzokuike Pond, and a lot more. It's amazing to learn that we can find a lot of nature parks within the busy streets of Tokyo.

Mt Fuji             Yoyogi          Senzokuike  Shinju Harajuku    

Osaka

Eight hours! That was an 8-hour bus ride to get to Osaka from Tokyo. We took the night schedule that is why we actually didn't notice the long travel since we were sleeping the whole time. 
'Why travel to Osaka?', you might ask.
Oh well, Osaka is known for delicious foods such as Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki! Oh boy, just the thought reminding me how tasty and delicious their Takoyoki makes me really really drool. Who can resist that large chunk of Octopus meat?πŸ™

Dotonburi

Dotonburi is the most popular food district in Osaka. I also find that the souvenir items here are a lot cheaper than in Tokyo. And yup you're right, here is where the famous Glico sign can also be found. Take some time to capture your photo opportunity with the Glico sign. ✌




  

Kyoto

Known for temples and shrines, many of which are listed by UNESCO as World Heritage. I, myself, couldn't contain the bewilderment when I get the chance to see the Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion). Kyoto is really a must on your list when you visit Japan. And have some of their tofu menu - especially their signature Tofu ice cream. Yummy!🍦

This is it for now. I will be posting another post about Japanese foods, so stay tuned!. Meanwhile, feel free to watch this 5 -minute Japan Travel goals video.

5-minute Japan Travel Goals

Comment down below your thoughts. heart heart.. πŸ’—πŸ’—


No comments:

Post a Comment